Friday, September 29, 2006

Expanded index to this blog now visible

This morning, I did some tinkering with the way the index of blog topics and subjects is displayed. In the past, the home page of the blog showed about a dozen key index entries. As an experiment, I've now decided to make the whole index visible on the right side of the blog. My hope is that this change will open up the archives of blog posts more and make older posts more findable.

In case you were not aware of my humble indexing efforts, I tag each blog post with 1-5 different subject terms. If you click on one of the tags in the index (such as technical problems) you can see all the posts that are on that topic (additional tags added to each post detail other facets of what that topic is about). We are now just shy of 700 blog posts since we launched the blog over two years ago; each of these posts has been tagged.

Please leave comments to this blog or contact me directly to let me know your thoughts about this change.

No comments: