Monday, August 22, 2005

Paper Registration form for the Fall 2005 Library Workshops

During the Zicklin Graduate Student orientation (this past Saturday), I handed out paper registration forms for the library workshops. I encouraged students to sign up for the workshops online, but you may see a few students turn in the paper registration form at the reference desk. Please place the paper registration form in a folder that I will leave at the reference desk. The folder will be labelled, "Library Workshops Fall 2005 Registration Form", and placed in the filing cabinet where the forms for the statistics/etc. are kept. I will check the folder every day, and take care of signing up the students.

Why did I do this? This year's orientation had much larger tour groups, with a shorter time allotted for a library tour (only 10 minutes). I knew the students wouldn't have enough time to sign up for workshops using the library terminals during the tour, so I gave them a paper registration form. I was hoping they would fill them out either on-the-spot or later in the day, and then give them to me during the end of day cocktail reception. No one turned in the form on Saturday, as they were whisked around on tours, and didn't have the time to check their calendars. At least they left the library with a paper schedule of the workshops. I included instructions on how to register online, as well. Most students I talked to during the cocktail reception indicated that they will sign up using the online form. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: