Tuesday, February 06, 2007

E-reserve articles for which there are printing problems-a suggestion

I spoke with Ester about the printing problem at the reference desk for the English 3720 reading of Chaucer's "The Wife of Bath's Prologue and Tale." Since I was able to print it out from my office computer/ref suite printer without problems, she suggested that I put in a help desk request for the ref desk printer.

I will be happy to do so, but I also wondered if there are other e-reserve articles that have posed problems for the reference desk printer (or the student printer) so far this semester. If so, could they be added to the blog for the next day or so, and then a help desk request might help resolve them. (Or at least eliminate one possible source of the problem.) I know that sometimes we try to print something out at the reference desk if the student has repeat problems with the student printer.

When I came to the reference desk yesterday, there were four copies of one page, which was probably from either the reference desk or student printer, that were all half gibberish. It appears to be part of a book chapter on America's schools or child rearing and it mentions Bruno Bettlehim's the Children of the Dream. It looks like page 256. I don't know what class this is for though or the title of the chapter. Does anyone?

No comments: