Monday, March 26, 2007

Update to- Envelope left at ref desk --left side computer dealing with insurance plan

We have found a sealed envelope, possibly containing a payment, to the Biweekly Advantage Plan FNC Insurance Agency in Maryland. Please let me know if it is yours. Also, since it is postage paid, if no one claims it, do you think I should put it in the mail, considering it is for a biweekly insurance plan.

Rita

Update: After discussing this with my colleagues at the reference desk, we decided to open the envelope. We learned the identity, address and phone number of the person who was enrolling in an insurance plan. I called the person. He called back and it ended up being a student who was here in the library. He said he was very happy to get the envelope back as he had had it in his back pocket several days ago ready to mail and then he couldn't find it. (Also, hard at studying for midterms, he wondered if he had mailed it.) He thanked me for following up on it. I said I wasn't sure how it had gotten to the reference desk but I was glad it had worked out.

No comments: