- Launch WRDS via databases page
- Click on "COMPUSTAT North America"
- On the left under "Tools" select "Balance Sheet and Income Statement Extract"
- On the search window that opens, select the appropriate date range
- In the "Company Codes" box type in the ticker symbol for Apple: AAPL
- In the "Variables" section, select the relevant data points (such as "Sales" in the "Income Statement Variables" section.
- In the "Output" section, you may want to select "comma-delimited text (*.csv)" if the student is interested in manipulating the data in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Click the "Submit request" button and wait about 10 seconds. Voila!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Audited financial data for Apple
A number of students have been coming to reference (the desk as well as chat and email) asking for help in locating audited financial data for Apple back to 1986. As I learned from Peggy Teich yesterday, the best place to get that is in COMPUSTAT in WRDS. Here's how:
Posted by Stephen Francoeur at 9:51 AM