Thursday, August 30, 2007

Donated FASB publications available to students

Earlier this week I received 9 boxes of various accounting standards, including the FASB original pronouncements and the current text as of June 1, 2006 from Ernst & Young. (An E&Y partner, who attended the financial reporting conference that Prof. Norman Strauss organized last spring, asked me then if I would want their print copies when new copies are received.)

I've contacted Prof. Strauss, a retired E&Y partner, to offer them first to his students. They are to contact me to get them. So, if they come to the reference desk, please refer them to my office (room 232). If I am not in, they can email me to set up a time. The students might want to bring an empty bag or small box to carry the publications as they are in multiple volumes.

I plan to contact the other accounting professors next week. Whatever isn't claimed by accounting professors/students will go on the free book truck in several weeks.

I was out yesterday and I understand that some students asked for the publications at the reference desk last night. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks, Rita

No comments: