Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Google Chrome and ebrary

Yesterday, I installed on my PC at home the brand new browser from Google: Chrome. I was amazed by how much faster it is than any other browser I've ever used; it's a noticeable difference. It's Windows-only software, for now, but Google promises that it will work on Macs, Linux, etc. in the near future.

For what it's worth, just want to note here that I was able to use Chrome to log in remotely to Factiva using Chrome and that I was able to pose as a patron in the QuestionPoint chat software. When I tried to read an e-book in ebrary, Chrome had some real issues. I was able to load pages and move through the book, but the screen flickered in portion of the page that offers a clickable table of contents. It may be worth trying out other databases in Chrome to see if there are any compatibility issues we should be aware of.

No comments: